Sunday, September 27, 2009

Adventures in Puppy Parenting









My wonderful husband and I have been using the book "Puppies for Dummies." It's because we're dummies when it comes to raising puppies...Here's why:

1) How many times do I have to let her into her potty area WITH HER LEASH on? Only to have it drag through her poo 5 minutes before I am supposed to leave for work...

2) David has forgotten a number of times to put her out into her potty area after she eats. Mmmmm....nothin' like poo in your house!

3) And, here's the latest and greatest: We were looking at the conversion chart on her food, and I looked at the number "60" (because she's eventually going to be about 60 pounds) and it said we should be feeding her about 5.5 cups of food a day! WHAT?! We had only been feeding her 3! I felt terrible because we had been starving our little puppy. So, we quickly started giving her almost twice as much food...and she was behaving oddly - she seemed sick and has been pooing MASSIVE amounts. HM...something must be wrong! So, I checked the chart again and discovered our flaw: The chart said 60 KILOGRAMS, not pounds! OOPS! So, turns out we're supposed to up her diet to 4 cups of food...yeah, we feel terrible :(
Our poor puppy! At least she is always showered with love ;)

3 comments:

lyssa said...

Oh man, so many things to learn...I think I will just enjoy the puppy experience vicariously through you ;) One thing is for sure, she is well loved!!

Gaby said...

The metric system is annoying!

Canadian Kristin said...

LOL
Ah, Erika! You are so cute! I'm so happy that your puppy is bringing such joy into your life... wrong food conversions and all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...