Friday, September 25, 2009

UNbelievable!

For those of you who don't already know: TREASURY OF MEMORIES is closing! Yes, it's truly unbelievable!

Thank you to my friends for running to their first day of liquidation sale for me and picking up some of their staples. Check out their link (to the right) to see what's on sale!

This store is more than just a place to shop for us - it's been the centre of countless road trips and National Scrapbooking Days for my friends and I for years. No offense to all the other amazing scrappin stores out there, but TOM has always been my favorite! Nowhere else has compared to their amazing selection (always the latest and greatest), fabulous prices (just can't help that the mark up is so high in Canada!), and brilliant ideas (a WONDERFUL design team for sure)...not to mention incredible service (who else sends you handwritten thank you cards just for shopping, knows you by name, and never hesitates to let you order anything ON SALE over the phone with a credit card!)

The loss of TOM cuts deep for me, and I am sure many of you. Please tell Elizabeth, the owner, how you feel! I've had the very special priviledge of reaching her a couple times over the phone, and I know this is a difficult and emotional time for her. Offer her the support and love she's shown us over the years! Truly, Elizabeth, you will be greatly missed!

2 comments:

lyssa said...

So so so sad. Honestly, I will miss TOM and our trips there. Now we just have Target and the mall....sadness.

Canadian Kristin said...

It was very sad to stand in the sale day line. I just kept saying, "I can't believe they're closing." and the ladies around me would all sadly no in shocked agreement. I know it's just scrapstuff, but TOM has been my oasis. Where will I go now for rest from the stormy weather days???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...